Been awhile since the last update, but to make up for it my friend Matt, who came up from Maryland, and I decided to check out Chocolate World, walk up to ZooAmerica, walk around the rest of the perimeter of the park back to Chocolate World. The warm weather offered a small taste of spring, but we still have a few weeks left in the off-season until the park opens. Here is a summary on what we saw:
-Much of the former queue line is torn up, but it looks like the new entrance and exit are starting to come together.
– The Ticketing building in Tram Circle is progressing. There are stacks of bricks sitting next to the construction area.
– Tudor Square’s restroom building is still being worked on.
– The older Hollow Games building is gone.
– Coal Cracker’s 2nd lift is the rehab section of the year.
– One of the Monorail’s trains is parked next to the ride’s storage building with a new paint job. No deals are visible on the exterior of the train.
– Parts of the old Six Flags Magic Mountain Metro trains are sitting in the area between Roller Soaker’s station and the fence.
ZooAmerica: (I haven’t been here for a few months so some of the improvements may not be recent, but they are more or less a year new).
– A cottonmouth snake is now on display in the Southern Swamps building.
– The prairie dogs are now out and had to contend to a squirrel trying to eat their food.
– A Black-billed magpie exhibit has been built near the elk and Watering Hole.
– Buddy, the pronghorn, who has arrived at the zoo a few months ago, is located in the former bison enclosure and seems to be pretty sociable.
That’s it for the update. I’ll probably do one or two more before the season-opener trip report. As for the website, I am making some good progress on constructing it as I am already up to approximately 20 photo galleries for parks such as Hersheypark, Knoebels, and Dorney Park with more to come. The Skyrush construction updates will not be included at this point, but don’t worry, I have something special planned for them!
Thanks for reading!